We all love a good pun and this one feels highly appropriate for the last business year. As daily Zoom users increased by over 400% over Quarter 1 in 2o2o we have all adapted to remote meetings. The visual element feels comfortable with coworkers and team mates however, it can feel a little unusual when networking or meeting people for the first time.
This March our virtual FSB* meeting welcomed international speaker and trainer Will Kintish. Will introduced us to some expert networking etiquette for those unfamiliar on how to conduct themselves in a virtual business event. The secret for him is that Zoom networking is not unlike face to face meetings where there are established practices to get the most from a meeting.
- Be present – consistent attendance and focus on the call are important
- Be interested in others – ask questions and be engaged
- Prepare and look your best – treat the event like a TV engagement ( after all you are on the small screen )
- Invite connections on Linked In with a personal message
- Follow up on meetings and be persistent to get results
*The Federation of Small Businesses virtual events are on the third Monday of each month